- Notorious for their worldwide distribution, German cockroaches are easily identifiable by 2 dark longitudinal stripes on their pronotum.
- Adults grow to approximately 12 – 15mm in length.
- Females carry 35 – 40 eggs in an ootheca (egg case) until they are ready to hatch.
- Hatch in 1 month.
- Nymphs take between 6 weeks to 6 months to develop into adults.
- Generally 3-4 generations per year.
- Most commonly found indoors.
- Prefers wet, humid conditions and are typically found in kitchens and bathrooms in homes and commercial properties.